The Bentonite Mat (Geosynthetic Clay Liner) is a waterproof geosynthetic coating consisting of a layer of bentonite-granulated material, placed between two layers of geotextile (woven and non-woven) and then needle punched. The reasonable value of bentonite waterproofing for the consumer is that it doesn’t require any special skills during the installation process. Only simple instructions have to be followed. The Bentonite mats are cost-competitive in comparison to alternative waterproofings, especially considering not only material cost, but also installation works. Bentonite is an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite (around 70%). The property of swelling(up to 14-16 times) on contact with water in combination with weight (used to create enclosed space) leads to formation of gel-like low-permeable barrier(Bentonite Gel) of high density, with a permeability not higher then 3x10^(-11) m/s, which guarantees waterproofing of surface. The Non-woven geotextile, as a lower layer of Bentonite mat is impermeable to Bentonite Gel, while the Woven geotextile as a higher layer, has enough permeability to let slip small amounts of clay on the protected surface to “cure” possible cracks or imperfections. Strong and wear proof geosynthetic coating seals and protects the layer of bentonite clay, ensuring long-term usage of the Bentonite Mats.
- Waterproofing for lakes, dams, canals and other water storages and reservoirs
- Horizontal and vertical waterproofing of underground surfaces: tunnels and foundations of the buildings
- Protection of ground waters
- Waterproofing of industrial waste landfills
- Waterproofing of buildings and constructions in Oil&Gas, Mining, Automotive and Railway industries.
- Construction of watertight screens and surface concrete membranes
- The Bentonite mat is self-healing: it swells, fills damaged zones with Bentonite Gel and seals the puncture.
- One layer of Bentonite Mat having 6mm of width can replace 1 meter of clay waterproofing.
- Bentonite is a natural, environmentally friendly, sustainable and completely safe material.
- Upon displacement or deformation of the foundation (eg. under seismic activity), the Bentonite mat does not lose its integrity and its use properties remain unaffected.
- The Bentonite Mats can be installed on the basis of any shape, under almost any weather conditions and they don’t require any specialized equipment for the installation process.
- Bentonite mats are durable and can overcome unlimited number of “hydrating-dehydrating” and “freeze/thaw” cycles without impacts on functionality.
- Bentonite mat is resistant to hydrostatic pressure up to 70 meters of water column.
- The permeability of material is not higher then 3x10-11 m/s;
- The Bentonite mat has a low coefficient of thermal conductivity.
- The Bentonite mat can be installed at very low temperatures, down to minus 50° С.